We’re here to help our valued commercial clients navigate the first phase of reopening businesses in Miami-Dade County. Re-opening your business can happen in a safe, healthy, and organized manner.
If you’re a retail store owner, make sure to follow these protocols to ensure a responsible opening that prioritizes the health, safety, and well-being of both patrons and staff.
How Do I Prepare My Retail Store To Reopen?
Before re-opening, schedule a maintenance appointment to check these key parts of your business to ensure your customers are shopping in a safe and sanitary environment.
- HVAC systems & filters to ensure they are working to the best of their capacity.
- Air quality and ventilation
Plan to implement these steps to keep your store running smoothing while adhering to COVID-19 safety precautions.
- Stock ample supplies of soap, hand sanitizer, cleaning materials, and protective equipment
- Create plans for parking and install self-dispensing hand sanitizer at the entrance of your retails shop.
- Set up self-checkout or contactless payment system
- Eliminate the use of common water fountains and interactive displays
- Post CDC signage in publicly trafficked locations
- Create visible floor markings for appropriate 6-foot distancing
Additional Retail Specific Safety To Keep In Mind
Limit the number of staff and customers to a maximum of 50 percent of mall/store occupancy. Consider placing signs that encourage people to offer preferential treatment elderly, persons with disabilities, pregnant women, and families with small children
If your retail store handles merchandise, particularly clothing, make sure to sanitize clothes between uses or place it on hold for 24 hours before being returned to shelves. Cart and basket handles must be sanitized between uses. Navigating these rules might be particularly hard for vulnerable groups, consider setting specific shopping hours for the elderly, persons with disabilities, and pregnant women.
There are many things to keep in mind when re-opening your business. We’re here to make sure you’re covered and take the right steps to re-open. Schedule an appointment by emailing Manuel at email@example.com or by calling us at 1-305-220-0900
All Nation Insurance